As we get older, it is common to begin to encounter challenges with daily activities, including showering, dressing, planning and preparing meals, or even driving a vehicle. This can lead to concerns that these challenges suggest that we’ll have to give up not just our self-reliance, but our home as well. However, there is encouraging news for seniors: home care services, such as those provided by CareFor, can help actually enhance independence for older adults and help them continue living at home safely where they’re most comfortable.
And the reality is, these days the majority of seniors prefer to receive the care they need in the comfort of home. To help you better comprehend just what home care is, we’ve provided the following primer on in-home senior care:
- Senior home care services are delivered on an individual basis, which results in more personal attention than in an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is no need to have to wait your turn when care is needed.
- A caregiver in the home can help promote a healthier way of life. In-home caregivers are skilled in preparing nourishing and appetizing meals that are appealing to the senior and can also help keep an eye on the amount of food consumed.
- A personalized, ongoing exercise regimen can be implemented and followed through with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of having someone on hand during exercising.
- Home care enhances independence for adults, as well as self-esteem, vital factors for a happy life. Home care (particularly private pay home care) ensures individualized care specific to the needs of the family and older person on any given day, whether the need is as simple as companionship, or more complex, such as assistance with personal care needs.
- The extra benefit of accompanied transportation to and from medical appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the chance for more quality time together.
- The recent pandemic brought to the forefront how detrimental senior isolation can be to both physical and emotional health. An in-home caregiver brings necessary socialization opportunities and the chance for older adults to have a companion available to prevent loneliness and depression, through engaging conversations and reminiscing, fun activities, participation in enjoyable hobbies and interests, and more.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you and your family more about the benefits of in-home care for seniors. If a senior you love lives in Austin, call us today at (512) 338-4533 to learn more about why CareFor is the provider most preferred for home care in Austin and the surrounding Texas communities.