As we get older, it’s common to begin to encounter challenges with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, preparing meals, or even driving a vehicle, which can lead to concerns that these challenges mean that we’ll need to give up not only our freedom, but our home as well. But there is good news for older adults: in-home caregivers and care management services, such as those provided by CareFor, can help actually increase independence for seniors and help them continue living at home where they are most comfortable.
And the reality is, these days, the vast majority of seniors are deciding to receive the care they need in the solace of home. To help you better understand what home care is, we’ve put together the following primer on senior care:
- In-home senior care services are provided on an individual basis, resulting in more personalized attention than in a nursing home or assisted living facility. There is no need to have to wait your turn when care is necessary.
- A professional caregiver in the home can help encourage a healthier lifestyle. In-home caregivers are skilled in preparing wholesome and delicious meals that are appealing to the individual and can also help monitor the amount of food consumed.
- A personalized, ongoing exercise program can be implemented and followed through with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of a skilled professional being on hand during exercises.
- Home care strengthens dignity and independence, essential factors for a contented life. Home care (especially private pay home care) ensures personalized care specific to the requirements of the family and senior on any given day, regardless of whether the need is as straightforward as companionship, or more involved, such as assistance with personal care needs.
- The added benefit of accompanied transportation to and from medical appointments, social events or errand-running means that families have the opportunity for more quality time together.
We would love the chance to talk with you and your family further about our top-rated Austin senior care services. Contact us today online or call us at (512) 338-4533 to learn more about our senior care in Austin and the surrounding areas and how our top-rated care management services can help a senior you love maintain safety and independence.