Understanding the best place to turn with regard to the most current and dependable information about COVID-19, particularly as it relates to the elderly and those who take care of them, is very important – and complicated. Due to so many resources and various viewpoints on this serious subject, we wanted to help make it easy to locate what you need by putting together the subsequent list of trusted resources and caregivers for seniors.
• COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a great deal of important information, including help calculating who is at greater risk, symptoms, methods to take care of yourself, a checklist for the house, stress and anxiety coping information, and more.
• Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People With Disabilities Should Know: ACL provides information on what older adults and those with disabilities need to be aware of to avoid catching and spreading the disease, along with warning signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
• AARP Answers Commonly Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP maintains an ongoing bulleted list of the most recent information connected to COVID-19, as well as what the elderly should do to minimize their chance of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
• Caregiver Specific Resources/Articles on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources to help family members optimize the safety of the older adults in their care.
• Extensive FAQ List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to supply answers to many questions, for example, guidelines to take when visiting a senior’s house, simple tips to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and more.
• NAHC COVID-19 Tips and Information: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of older adults who receive in-home care, as well as for families who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For additional resources and/or caregivers for seniors to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to maximize wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, get in touch with CareFor any time. Following a strict protocol to ensure the safety of senior loved ones we serve, we can help with an array of essential services, such as:
• Grocery shopping and running other errands, to allow seniors to remain safe at home
• Preparing delicious meals
• Companionship to relieve loneliness and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
• Keeping the house thoroughly clean and sanitized
• Medication reminders
• Specialized care for people diagnosed with dementia
• And many more
Reach out to CareFor, Austin senior home care providers and caregivers for seniors, at (512) 338-4533 for a consultation within the safety and comfort of home to learn more about how we can assist your senior loved ones. View our full service area here.