Millions of individuals nationwide find themselves in a role of a family caregiver to provid senior care for an older loved one, and although serving as a family caregiver is incredibly fulfilling in many ways, the daily responsibilities involved with senior care may come to be monotonous for both the caregiver and the senior. CareFor, providers of professional in home care San Marcos, TX and surrounding areas, wants to help you with putting the fun back into your loved one’s everyday routine. All it takes is a bit of inventiveness! Try some of these suggestions to help brighten your loved one’s day and make everyday senior care more enjoyable:
These suggestions can add some style and fun to dressing, taking care of laundry, and other chores:
- Ask your loved one to help with laundry (sorting/folding/putting away). Utilize this time to discuss your day, a television show you both like to watch, etc.
- Look at magazines and catalogs and choose fashions you think the other would look good in.
- Make choosing clothes and accessories to wear every day a fun event!
Spice Up Meals
Food is a big part of our culture, family history and heritage, and is associated with a number of emotions. Make mealtime more fun by:
- Including the older adult in washing/drying dishes.
- Inviting the senior to help with fixing a traditional family meal.
- Enjoying meals outside when weather permits.
Try Something New
There is always something new to be learned, and no better time than now to pick up an old pastime or pursue a new goal. There are many different online classes available, with some targeted especially to seniors and offering reduced (or no-cost) rates. Look for opportunities to learn:
- A new language.
- How to play a musical instrument.
- Skills like sewing, cooking, gardening, drawing – the options are limitless!
CareFor’s senior care experts understand that providing care for an elderly loved one can be both gratifying and stressful, and we want you to know that you’re not alone. As leading providers of in home care in San Marcos, TX and the surrounding areas, we offer friendly companionship, personal care services such as showering, dressing, and grooming assistance, and encouragement to participate in a variety of fun activities for seniors.